Yesterday Aubrey came in and said "Dalin is leaving." We shrugged it off, but when we came downstairs, Dalin was outside with his backpack on. Crying. So the questions began. We asked him where he was going? He said he was leaving... "Where are you going?" He said, "somewhere where it doesn't rain." Darrin brought him inside and gently started probing. We asked him how he was going to get there? He said he needed us to call him a taxi. We got a whole sob story about how he is going to live with another family. I got about 3 minutes of it on video (but of course can't figure out how to upload it.) In the end we convinced him to stay with us. I unpacked his backpack and he had a shirt, sweatshirt and a picture of our family. While it was very upsetting to Darrin, he wanted to get to the bottom of why he would say all those things and why he would want to leave us? I was just beaming with pride at his genuine acting ability!
Here I am... the last known woman to have a blog! I decided to call it a journal though and might not even let anyone see it... so is that really blogging?
Sunday, January 23, 2011
He wants us to call him a taxi...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
The other day Lolly screamed: "I HATE my life!" So much drama.
ReplyDeleteand the fact that he took a family picture to remember you by! that's killer. WOW! At such a young age-- get him an agent! :)
ReplyDeleteOur kids (3 older) have all tried to run away at one time or another. But when I've told them that they can only take items THEY own and bought with their own $$, they quickly change their minds. Hunter sure would look funny walking down the street naked with his drumset. Brock wouldn't be able to cover much of his naked body with his itouch, and Hannah would look great naked with lipgloss on. Solves the problem every time! :)