Friday, March 25, 2011

Why didn't I become an orthodontist?

The bill is large and she is only 6!  But she does have a messed up bite.  I suppose it is better to get it straight now then later???  Poor baby is traumatized by dentists and now the orthodontist.  We will post pix as she gets her appliances.

3 comments:

  1. Kelly - What is she having done. She's so young!!! But still, Tyler has a bad bite and still sucks his thumb at night and when he's really hungry or tired, so I'm curious. I'm sure our bill will be high as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's what I'm thinking... really already!?! Must be pretty bad cuz we've seen an ortho for Hannah's issues and he said NEVER before 9-10 years old unless the bite is really bad. That's crazy!!! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, she has a really bad cross bite and severe over crowding. They are putting in an expander that will broaden her bite so that hopefully fingers crossed as the rest of her adult teeth come in there will be room... She will wear head gear at night to move her upper jaw forward to where it should be. There is absolutely differing opinions on age for ortho work, but I would rather deal with it now and not need braces if we are lucky. But we may still need that too. It is NEVER too young to ask your dentist for a ortho recommendation. You can determine what you want to do from there.

    ReplyDelete