I couldn't sleep, which is completely normal when D is working... At about 2:00 I had opened my patio door to let some air in and at about 2:10 I hear my side gate... a very distinct sound, like it had been opened. I went into heart racing mode thinking certainly someone just entered my back yard. I thought about what to do, I almost went downstairs to confront the back door but couldn't work up the guts. So instead I went to my patio door (which is located above our back door) and looked out. To my utter amazement I see a HUGE animal walking from the downstairs patio door across our grass and then it proceeds to jump from the grass to the top of a ten foot wall and over to the other side. I am 95% sure it was a mountain lion, however I didn't see it very well. I just know it was way too big to be a bobcat and there is no way a coyote could jump that high! I just couldn't believe it was in my back yard. Tonight I was thinking had I gone downstairs like my initial thought, I would have been looking at it in the face! I was in shock for about an hour. D got home and I relayed what happened. With him home I finally fell asleep... I am now more certain that ever it was a mountain lion that got Rockstar! He was coming back for more!!!
NUTS~
WOW! That's crazy.
ReplyDeleteHoly Cats. Literally.
ReplyDeleteNext time I stay the night can I please go and make sure all the doors are closed before I go to sleep?! Seriously, I would have died right there in my tracks had I come face to face with that thing! PS Brian was in Dubai last week and I hardly slept a wink, that is with a guard posted 24/7 at our front gate and I thought of you. You are my hero!!
ReplyDelete