Here I am... the last known woman to have a blog! I decided to call it a journal though and might not even let anyone see it... so is that really blogging?
Sunday, May 20, 2012
A crazy week...
Last Thursday was a bad day. I was taking the kids to school and on Whites Canyon coming to a stop at Stillmore. The light turned green and I proceeded ahead into the intersection. I was caught completely off guard by a car who had run the red and was right in front of me and I hit her. She was flying! I didn't even see her! I hit her hard. She was traveling so fast that she spun me to the right and into another car on Stillmore. All I could hear was Aubrey and Dalin screaming "ow, OW, ow". I turned around and saw that they were scared, but okay. No blood, no obvious sign of injury. My airbag had deployed. On star was on the line and talking to me, I was looking for my phone that flew so I could call D. I got a hold of him and was talking to him when someone came and got my kids out of the car and put them on the sidewalk. Meanwhile the lady in the car I hit was still in her car, not moving... I got out to be with the kids and that is when paramedics began showing up. It all happened fast. It hit me when they were talking to us about our injuries that I was so worried about my babies that I forgot I was pregnant! Then I really got scared. The ambulances came. They loaded up the lady first and took her off, she was pretty messed up. Then they put the three of us in the back of one and headed to the hospital! My first time and I pray last time in an ambulance! We got to the hospital and awaiting us was all the docs and nurses. They were totally ready for us. D had called ahead. It was VIP treatment the second we came in. I was so embarrassed. That was my biggest fear, having to go in via ambulance to D's work. They quickly assessed us and determined we were all OK. Dalin had a little bruise to his face, and Aubrey was complaining of her belly hurting so they did a cat scan but it came out clear. She was probably scared and had sore muscles from the seat belt. They released the kids pretty quick. I had to stay however for 8 hours so they could monitor the baby. They moved me up to OB. Everyone was so great! They wanted to keep me overnight. I really wanted to go home, so I begged! They agreed it was ok because D was gonna be with me. I didn't sleep at all that night. Maybe an hour. Friday was yucky! I was so tired and sore! D really stepped up with the kids and I was able to get some rest that day and felt better by that evening. The whole experience was so scary! I close my eyes and still hear and see it. I don't like that at all! There are so many what if's? If I had punched it off the line, she would have t boned me! What if there were pedestrians in the crosswalk, it is after all the school cross walk, we would have both hit them... What if I was going faster than the 10 mph I was going, it would have been really bad for us. I am just so thankful for my big car and my angel watching over me that morning! I don't want to ever have that experience again! Thank you to all the docs at HMNMH for taking such good care of us. I really felt the love! I am so thankful that we are all okay! Even the lady I hit, she will be okay!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



OH man!!! So glad you are all ok!!
ReplyDelete