Saturday, July 9, 2011

Cupcake lovers dream come true...

Or not!

Kim was called to be a judge at a cupcake contest.  I was with her when she called back and I told her to ask if they need another judge?  I couldn't contain my excitement at the prospect of eating a lot of cupcakes.  They said sure, so today we went to a little Catholic church in Simi Valley that was holding their annual carnival and we participated in judging a cupcake contest.  

There were 27 entries!  What???  I can handle sweets better than most and even I was nervous!  It is with great sadness that I report, not a one was good!  So tragic!!  I am spoiled big time by BAKE YOU HAPPY!!  By cupcake 13 I was sick!  They gave us a break after 13 and I had to go buy a cheeseburger and fries, just to offset the sweetness!  

When we got to cupcake 25 I couldn't take another bite.  It didn't help that my least favorite cupcake is lemon and there were about 8 lemon ones in the contest!  But oh they were just bad!  

I was in a coma for about 4 hours after I got home...  I texted Kim and she was too.  We both were struggling to get up.  I finally got myself up and going so I could run to the grocery store and get food for my poor kids.  Man, I thought that today would be a dream, but it was bordering on nightmare!  At least I had fun being with Kim!

This was only 13.  We only took a bite of each cupcake and got to put the rest of it in a box to bring home. ..

This was the only one we sort of liked.  It took 3rd place!  We are completely drunk on sugar!!

**********************************HAIR UPDATE...

It LOOKS normal, but it is fried!!!  I am giving it as much love as possible before I decide if I need to hack it off?!

If I look pissed it is cuz I am!  


2 comments: