Tuesday, May 14, 2013

A little scare...

Yesterday we had the boys over for batting practice.  We all waited to walk over to the neighbors together through the wash.  I opened the tennis court door that leads out to the wash and I was looking behind me talking to one of the coaches, Halle went out before me and I hear her say "mom, look a snake".  I look down and see that she is straddling a huge rattler.  I had the baby on my hip and while screaming "no" cuz she was leaning down to touch it, I grabbed her arm swung her up and over and threw her onto the tennis court.  Slammed the door and turned around to see all the boys and coaches with their jaws dropped!  I don't know how she didn't step on it and why it didn't strike.  I am not sure I will ever know how we escaped that one.  I just know that I see it every second still.  And It took me a good 45 minutes to come down from the adrenaline rush.  I love snakes, I am not afraid of them.  I have been waiting to see one around here because I know they are everywhere.  I just didn't want to see it like that!!!!!  

We had a good long talk about what to do if you see a snake  :)

Oh and we won tonight 13-0 so we are still in the playoffs.

No comments:

Post a Comment