Monday, June 6, 2011

Camp Baywatch lives on...

Back when we were on the show, Camp Baywatch was new.  It was the brain child of our director and creator.  He really wanted to give inner city kids a chance to come to camp.  A week away from their lives, some of which were very bleak and mundane to say the least.  My favorite part about volunteering with the camp kids was seeing them learn how to swim.  Most of them had never even seen the water let alone be in it.  It was amazing to see them become swimmers by the end of the week.  I still volunteer every summer.  The foundation has a new name now... dumb licensing... but it still goes on every year and this year a large fundraiser was held to raise money to send more kids to camp.  It took place at the SM pier and had to do with biking for 100 miles!!  NO I didn't do it.  I pretended that I was for photo ops and I rode about 5 miles, but I stood by and cheered my other cast mates on!  It was a great day!!


No comments:

Post a Comment